Grants, Scholarships and Awards
· 2011, ARC Future Fellowship (FT110100623), Multi-modal virtual microscopy for quantitative diagnostic pathology, Andrew P. Bradley, $771,208;
· 2008, ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LE0882219), Infrastructure for an integrated cognitive neurophysiological research facility: Mapping the neurobiology of memory and language, Chenery H.J., Martin N.G., Shum D.H., de Zubicaray G.I., Copland D.A., Wright M.J., Cutmore T, Finnigan S.P., Silburn P.A., and Bradley A.P., $100,000;
· 2008-2010, ARC Discovery (DP0879250), Improved detection and characterisation of breast cancer using magnetic resonance imaging, and novel image analysis and pattern recognition techniques, Prof S Crozier; Dr SJ Wilson; Dr AP Bradley; Dr KE McMahon; Prof E Bengtsson; A/Prof I Nyström, $275,000;
· 2007-2009, ARC Linkage (LP0774994), Multi-modal, Multi-dimensional Virtual Microscopy for Diagnostic Quantitative Pathology, A.P. Bradley, S.Crozier, D.J. Venter, A.Mehnert and P.C. Bamford, $501,000;
· 2005-2006, ARC, Special Research Initiatives: E-Research (SR0567196), Improved early detection of breast cancer enabled by grid-computing and advanced modelling and visualisation of MR images, S. Crozier; A.J., Mehnert; S.J., Wilson; A.P., Bradley; E. Bengtsson; I. Nyström; K.E., McMahon, $55,000;
· 2004, ARC, Special Research Initiatives (SR0354604), ARC Research Network in Imaging Science and Technology (NIST), A.P., Bradley et al, $10,000;
· 2000-2002, ARC, Strategic Partnerships with Industry Research and Training (C00001944), Computer Assisted Pap Smear Screening with a patented new instrument, the Veda-scope®, A.P., Bradley and B.C., Celler, $63,240.
· 2008, NHMRC Equipment Grant, Equipment for neurophysiological mapping of language and auditory processing, Copland D.A., De Zubicaray G.I., Wilson W, Bradley A.P., Angwin A., Finnegan S. and Arnott W, $170,000.
University of Queensland Grants
· 2009, UQ First Link Fund, Complexity-based indicators to improve deep brain surgery outcomes, Dr. P. Meehan, Dr AP Bradley, Prof. H Chenery, $3,500;
· 2008, UQ Faculty TQA Strategic Funding, Supporting at-risk students and increasing engagement in second year mathematics, A. Roberts, Isaac, A. Bradley, Meehan, O’Brien, Grotowski, Andrews and Adams, $15,960;
· 2006, The University of Queensland, Major Equipment and Infrastructure Grant, An Automated Microscope for Quantitative and Virtual Microscopy, A.P. Bradley, S.Crozier, A.Mehnert, S. Wilson, P.Mills, P. Woodall, S. Lloyd, M. Noad, R. Barnard, P. Dodd and J. Drennan, $128,350;
· 2005, The University of Queensland, First Link Fund, A fast test of animal hearing, W.J., Wilson, A.P., Bradley, and P. Mills, $1,979;
· 2005, The University of Queensland, First Year Online Learning Funding Scheme, Virtual Teaching in First Year Veterinary Science, P. Mills, A.P., Bradley, P. Woodall, S. Lloyd, M. Node, Pane and Anderson, $10,000;
· 2005-2006, The University of Queensland, Research Development Grant (UQRDG), The Subthalamic Nucleus and Lexical-semantic Processing: Microelectrode recordings of neuronal activity during the intraoperative placement of deep brain stimulators, H. Chenery, A.P., Bradley, W.J., Wilson and P. Silburn, $51,733;
· 2004, The University of Queensland, Alumni Appeal, Can your Baby Hear Properly? A Device for the Early Detection of Hearing Impairment in Newborn Infants, A.P., Bradley, $4,214;
· 2003, The University of Queensland, Early Career Research Grant (UQECR), New Techniques for Intraoperative Monitoring with the Auditory Brainstem Response, A.P., Bradley and W.J., Wilson, $28,960.
Other Competitive Grants and Funding
· 2009, Queensland Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation: Smart Futures Proof-of-Concept Fund, Ausonex - diagnostic ABR trial, AP. Bradley and WJ. Wilson, $39,700;
· 2008, Queensland Medical Devices Financial Incentive Pilot Program (MDFIPP), Ausonex Pty Ltd, G. Wanless, AP. Bradley and WJ. Wilson, $50,000;
· 2007-2009, DITR, AusIndustry Commercial Ready (COM04402), Ausonex: a rapid and reliable device for newborn hearing screening, Wanless, Bradley and Wilson: Ausonex Pty Ltd, $314,300;
· 2007, Department of Industry, Tourism and Resources, AusIndustry, COMET program (2007-64), Ausonex Pty Ltd, $70,400;
· 2006-2008, Symbiosis Group Pty Ltd, Ausonex Pty Ltd, G. Wanless, AP. Bradley and WJ. Wilson, $425,000;
· 2005-2007, CSIRO E-Health Research Centre, Image-quality-sensitive watermarking of medical images, S. Crozier and A.P. Bradley, $90,000;
· 2005, The John and Mark Kibble Trust, Rapid assessment of hearing and hearing range in the dog, P. Mills, W.J., Wilson and A.P., Bradley, $9,172.
· 2010, The University of Queensland, Commendation for Excellence in Research Higher Degree Supervision;
· 2008, UniQuest, Trailblazer Finalist, Active Hearing Protection for Orchestral Musicians;
· 2007, Carrick Australian Awards for University Teaching, Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning: for the development of collaborative and reflective learning and preparation of students for professional life through the use of Virtual Microscopy, an innovative and flexible learning tool. Dr Paul Mills, Dr Andrew Bradley, Dr Peter Woodall, Dr Shan Lloyd, $10,000;
· 2006, Finalist, 2006 Secrets of Australian IT Innovation Competition, Department of Communications, IT & Arts, Ausonex Pty Ltd;
· 2006, Faculty Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning, The University of Queensland, Virtual microscopy, a state-of-the-art innovation to enhance student learning and prepare students for professional life;
· 2006, Finalist, UQ Business School, Enterprize competition, Ausonex Pty Ltd;
· 2006, UniQuest, Trailblazer Award (open category), Rapid and Robust Neonatal hearing Screening, $7,500.
· 1994-95, University of Queensland, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering; Research Scholarship;
· 1993-96, Commonwealth Overseas Postgraduate Research Scholarship (OPRS);
· 1993-96, Cooperative Research Centre for Sensor Signal and Information Processing (CSSIP), Supplementary Scholarship.