Basic Editing Commands
We now give the basics of how to enter text, make corrections, and
save the text in a file. If this material is new to you, you might
learn it more easily by running the Emacs learn-by-doing tutorial. To
use the tutorial, run Emacs and type `Control-h t'
To clear the screen and redisplay, type `C-l' (`recenter').
* Inserting Text Inserting text by simply typing it.
* Moving Point How to move the cursor to the place where you want to
* Erasing Deleting and killing text.
* Undo Undoing recent changes in the text.
* Files Basic Files. Visiting, creating, and saving files.
* Help Basic Help. Asking what a character does.
* Blank Lines Commands to make or delete blank lines.
* Continuation Lines Lines too wide for the screen.
* Position Info What page, line, row, or column is point on?
* Arguments Numeric arguments for repeating a command.
* Repeating A short-cut for repeating the previous command.
automatically generated by