Professorial Research Fellow &
Funded Research Projects
- Deputy-Chair of the Academy of Sciences National Committee for Data in Science (NCDIS);
- Vice-President of the National Executive Committee for Digital Humanities;
- Member of Scientific Committee of the ICSU World Data System (WDS);
- Editorial Board Member of:
- Elsevier Journal of Web Semantics
- International Journal of Digital Curation
- IEEE Multimedia
- AURIN Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Projects:
- Statistical Analysis Services for Spatially Integrated Social Science Data
- Enabling Web-service Access, Analysis and Re-use of ABS (Australian Bureau of Statistics) Data
- HuNI - Humanities Networked Infrastructure - applying Linked Open Data and the LORE tool to integrate Australia's most significant cultural datasets for humanities researchers
- Post-war Queensland Architecture: Building an Online Oral History Archive -
an ARC Linkage project with the UQ School of Architecture, State Library of Queensland, BVN, Conrad Gargett, Riddel Architecture and Wilson Architects.
- The OzTrack Project - eResearch Tools for the storage, analysis
and visualization of animal tracking data.
- NeCTAR-funded Collaboration with the University of Qld ECO-Lab,
- The AUST-ESE Project - eResearch Tools to support the collaborative authoring and management of electronic scholarly editions.
- NeCTAR-funded Collaboration between The University of Queensland, University of NSW, Curtin University, University of Sydney, Queensland University of Technology, Loyola University, Chicago and the University of Saskatchewan.
- The Health-e-Waterways Project - Data integration for smarter, collaborative water resource management.
- Smart State NIRAP-funded Collaboration with South East Qld Healthy Waterways Partnership (SEQ-HWP) and Microsoft-Research, Redmond, US
- ARC Linkage LP0882957
- The Open Annotation Collaboration - an international collaboration between the US and Australia that funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. The aim is to facilitate the emergence of a Web and Resource-centric interoperable annotation environment that allows leveraging annotations across the boundaries of annotation clients, annotation servers, and content collections.
- The Skeletome Project - An ARC Linkage Project between UQ and the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital that is developing A Curated Online Knowledge Base Integrating Clinical and Biological Information on Skeletal Dysplasias and Related Conditions.
- The Twentieth Century in Paint - An ARC Linkage Project with the University of Melbourne's Centre for Cutural Materials Conservation. Collaborating partners include the National Gallery of Australia, ArtLab Australia, the Queensland Art Gallery, the Tate Gallery and the Getty Conservation Institute. This multidisciplinary project aims to generate an enduring knowledgebase that will inform the preservation of modern art in Australia and throughout the region.
- The PODD Project - The Phenomics Ontology Driven Data Management Project (PODD) is a NeAT project that is developing data management solutions to meet the needs of researchers working at the Australian Plant Phenomics Facility (APPF) and the Australian Phenomics Network (APN).
- eScience Tools for Protein Crystallography - ARC Discovery Project DP0770465 This project is a collaboration between the Structural Genomics group and the eResearch Lab at UQ. Our role is to develop a secure "knowledgebase" and sevices for managing, tracking, validating, analysing, assimilating and interpreting the results of protein crystallography experiments and x-ray diffratometry images.
- The Aus-e-Lit project - A NEAT-funded project funded, that is a collaboration between the AustLit team and the eResearch group at the University of Queensland. This project will develop collaborative database integration and annotation services for scholars of Australian Literature.
- The Atlas of Living Australia - Data Integration and Annotation Services for Biodiversity (DIAS-B) project - A NEAT-funded project funded, that is a collaboration between CSIRO and the eResearch group at the University of Queensland. This project is developing collaborative database integration and annotation services for the biodiversity community.
- ARCHER Project - The Australian Research Enabling Environment project is developing software tools to enable research communities to collaboratively capture, share, analyse and publish their research data.
- BioMANTA - The Modelling and Analysis of Biological Network Activity (BioMANTA) project is applying Semantic Web technologies to the discovery and modelling of complex protein interactions. The project links researchers at Pfizer Research Technology Centre, the eResearch Lab at the School of ITEE and the IMB.
- ARIIC DART (Dataset Acquisition, Accessibility & Annotation eResearch Technologies) Project
- ARC Special Research Initiative Projects
- GRANI - Grid-enabled Archive of Nanostructural Imagery
- EcoPortal Qld - an eResearch Environmental Case Study
- EthnoER - eResearch Services for Ethnographic Analysis
- Vannotea Project - Collaborative Video Analysis and Annotation Services
- Sunago - Multimedia and the Semantic Web
- FUSION - Knowledge Management System for Fuel Cell Optimization
- PANIC - Preservation Services for Digital Collections
- Indigenous Knowledge Management - Qld Smithsonian Fellowship with the National Museum of the American Indian
- HARMONY NSF-funded International Digital Library Project