[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: AW: [microblaze-uclinux] Download problems (No target with id: -1)
Schleifer, Philipp, PGR2 wrote:
> i think, i have solved this issue. i added an environment variable
> Now, the download succeeds, but the linux-kernel is not booting.
> the memory-test runs fine, then i marked microblaze_0_bootloop to be
> initialized in BRAM
> and deactivated the Test-Applications. Then i downloaded the design to
> the board.
> after that, i used the dl.sh script to download the image to the memory.
> It worked, but
> there is nothing on the console on UART.
It looks like XMD is not properly connecting to the microblaze.
Instead of using the dl.sh script, try doing it manually, to see what
part of the process is failing. Here are the commands you need
(remember to remove/rename any file called xmd.ini from the project
directory, it contains default XMD commands, which you don't want right
% xload mhs system.mhs
% connect mb mdm
% dow -data /path/to/image.bin 0xdeadbeef
% con 0xdeadbeef
(replace 0xdeadbeef with the start addres of your DDR/external memory)
error messages at any stage in this process should alert you to where
the problem is.
You don't need a bootlaoder when doing a JTAG boot like this.
microblaze-uclinux mailing list
Project Home Page : http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~jwilliams/mblaze-uclinux
Mailing List Archive : http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~listarch/microblaze-uclinux/