[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [microblaze-uclinux] Net-SNMP performance
Well, to be honest I forgot to mention a very importarnt particular: I'm
working on a custom board.
I took the hardware project Xilinx-Spartan3E1600-RevA-edk91 as a basis.
I can succesfully boot the same image.ub both from my custom board and
the Xilinx evaluation board, so I think software differences would be
I'm able to recompile the net-snmp sources and adding a custom mib.
If I work on the evaluation board everything is ok (I could have checked
When I switch to my custom board I start encountering problems.
What I've seen so far is that the net-snmp daemon takes about 1 minute
or so to allocate the needed memory. If I poll its status with ps I can
see the cpu load starting at 99% and proportionally decreasing to 7-8%
as the memory allocated grows toward 4410K. When it reaches this value
the net-snmp daemon finally starts responding snmp requests.
I have used the same snmpd binary and snmpd.conf file for both boards.
I would check what's going on with strace, but I cannot compile it
because it seems it still has to be ported to microblaze.
I think I'll have to check a bit depper into the LARGE_ALLOCS flag and
its implication, even if I'm using this flag on both the evaluation
board and my custom board.
Thanks for your support (Kris in particular).
microblaze-uclinux mailing list
Project Home Page : http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~jwilliams/mblaze-uclinux
Mailing List Archive : http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~listarch/microblaze-uclinux/