[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [microblaze-uclinux] VGA controller in Microblaze
- To: microblaze-uclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [microblaze-uclinux] VGA controller in Microblaze
- From: John Williams <jwilliams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:54:24 +1000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=OwhzIbdVd2SKB4J9PUBOsVdypEx3S4hUledaQ9NUR2Y=; b=uqZkFy6cbDCTybUtVzEo2feoSH8Ix0WMbmQCtyARRM7JodD0VRtbtkJJOhUunheBd1 uWG0tf9Zxa1k6zyi0VzEA+OtzWApHJ6zb1ZHKJwE31zd+ssfWXNxeWLnbGGHfhUaylZg mOamUK9EKlnK1xNKSLXM5HYPuri6QqXwgDwPc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=Yp6NlQpfQa8wTsHeQC8DYDX09fCLaiRyeWxxO0OUHkbGl7TVEZPESyjoUPQzYdLzDW srMMOpY3zG9o1JlOaev/ST0hSWjYO1Z5ikX4w+eFCsM6UbIdH1NgnUPyx2+PdtXw8jxr EWe3j9ZZ1SFtUbUsOAlBOoTMuxewNDYSl9ht8=
- In-reply-to: <20090109112246.nq7a5lldq84080ow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20090109112246.nq7a5lldq84080ow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: microblaze-uclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-microblaze-uclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM, <pcolodron@xxxxxxxx>
I am actually trying to work with the latest version of Petalinux in my Xilinx Spartan3 development kit. I am quite unexperienced in this sense but I have already solved some problems concerning EDK and building the Petalinux kernel.
What I would like to do now is to develop a graphical user interface in Petalinux (to do this, I will use a graphic library called MiniGUI). This software is basically a C-written program which shows the GUI by means of the framebuffer fbcon. However, I have some doubts about how to do it.
My problems are related to the EDK project. I don't really know if Petalinux will work with any type of VGA IP Core. I mean, will petalinux detect that I have a VGA IP core? That will be enough if I want to use a LCD or a monitor? Because of my lack of knowledge in this sense I don't really get to understand how to do this.
Please if you know any place where some cores are avaliable (or some information about how to build a VGA controller which works in Petalinux) it would be nice of you to tell me.
You will require a framebuffer device driver - they are quite simple to write, with many examples in linux-2.6.x/drivers/video
Which VGA IP core are you using?