[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[microblaze-uclinux] "Found romfs @... klimit" message during kernel boot
- To: microblaze-uclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [microblaze-uclinux] "Found romfs @... klimit" message during kernel boot
- From: "Victor G." <lomtik@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:15:23 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=IbJ28CrpybDLgTMUvLf2ox3fz77aK7SUSPlLv/o7D0U=; b=QEUFVVk/2EPvgmDsqE2oFz3KRHIoRkqG/QvrpkvDuq1lXp6JCfVIu9cI9LuJzL8LYQ T92uXRFpgR/u/kuYuzVUXe+YAS77/yWDfXiqQEAQAHGY5geftv+98axh+2bnEWBM8Qlc Hg4ugQ44zWoi0kubXaORg0kX7fhGhbkgvZwac=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=rTGiIzxlKbfps0ugHsR6hg1XIscEv7AVCIqSy2uCQBexn6eIaFc2lp2PJTk4JOWbDr y6K0AP/yT6oqL0kVPJdZRd+BA+SdPwUNGqXHuAJ2q26mHyKqzaBiyJPDoNLF9mb4hzcF pC6G7Yg6B8Zr+eOoStKowEj2COPgrj/c13Ffc=
- Reply-to: microblaze-uclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-microblaze-uclinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Instead of the regular startup messages, I am receiving the following
over uart when booting kernel from SDRAM:
Found romfs @ 0x901b108c (0x000f7000)
#### klimit 901c9000 ####
Moving 0x000f7000 bytes from 0x901b108c to 0x901c8868
New klimit: 0x902c0000
Could please someone explain it?
My system does not have flash yet. It is running on XUP-V2Pro and I am
using EDK 10.1 SP3 with petalinux-v0.40-rc3.
What I have done so far:
* I have tried uploading kernel via xmd
# Uploaded bitstream using xps or "impact -batch etc/download.cmd"
# XMD kernel upload to SDRAM starting at 0x90000000
XMD% connect mb mdm -cable type xilinx_platformusb port usb21
XMD% dow -data ../../../software/petalinux-dist/images/image.bin 0x90000000
XMD% con 0x90000000
* I also tried using images/linux.bin instead of images/image.bin (using XMD)
However, I think linux.bin applies to only MMU supported builds with
INITRAMFS, isn't it? It looks as I have ROMFS. I am using the default
configuration without MMU enabled (Processor type and features -> MMU
support is unchecked in menuconfig).
* I also uploaded images/image.bin via XMD to SDRAM and jumped to it
via u-boot's "go" command in addition to the regular "xmd>: con
0x90000000" jump. In this case I uploaded u-boot manually using
FS-Boot and a serial send of u-boot.srec file.
* Here is my FS-Boot log as well. I am not sure whether the "default
boot location" message makes any difference.
FS-Waiting for SREC image....
FS-BOOT: Image download successful.
FS-BOOT: Warning image location differ from default boot location.
Image will not boot automatically after POR.
FS-BOOT: Booting image...
U-Boot Start: 0x9ffc0000
Malloc Start: 0x9ff80000
Using default environment
microblaze-uclinux mailing list
Project Home Page : http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~jwilliams/mblaze-uclinux
Mailing List Archive : http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~listarch/microblaze-uclinux/