Dr. Kai Zheng is an ARC DECRA Fellow of Australia. He currently works with the Data Engineering and Pattern Recognition Research Division at the University of Queensland. He received PhD degree in Computer Science from The University of Queensland in 2012.
His research interests include efficient spatio-temporal query processing, uncertain data management, and spatial trajectory computing.
- Peili Wu, Kuien Liu, Kai Zheng and Zhiming Ding. A Road Network Modeling Method for Map Matching on Lightweight Mobile Devices. Distributed and Parallel Databases (accepted in Nov 2013)
- Han Su, Kai Zheng, Jiamin Huang, Hoyoung Jeung, Lei Chen and Xiaofang Zhou. CrowdPlanner: A Crowd-Based Route Recommendation System. In Proceedings of the 30th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2014). Chicago, USA, March 31 - April 4, 2014. (Acceptance rate: 20%)
- Kai Zheng, Yu Zheng, Nicholas Jing Yuan, Shuo Shang and Xiaofang Zhou. Online Discovery of Gathering Patterns over Trajectories. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE) (accepted in Sept 2013)
- Nicholas Jing Yuan, Fuzheng Zhang, Defu Lian, Kai Zheng, Siyu Yu and Xing Xie. We Know How You Live: Exploring the Spectrum of Urban Lifestyles. In Proceedings of ACM Conference on Online Social Networks. Boston, USA, October, 2013 (Acceptance rate: 15.9%)
- Shuo Shang, Ruogu Ding, Kai Zheng, Christian S. Jensen, Panos Kalnis and Xiaofang Zhou. Personalized Trajectory Matching in Spatial Networks. The VLDB Journal (accepted in July 2013)
- Han Su, Kai Zheng, Haozhou Wang, Jiamin Huang and Xiaofang Zhou. Calibrating Trajectory Data for Similarity-based Analysis. In Proceedings of ACM Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2013). Page 833-844. , New York, USA, June 22-27, 2013
- Kai Zheng, Yu Zheng, Nicholas Jing Yuan and Shuo Shang. On Discovery of Gathering Patterns from Trajectories. In Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2013). Page 242-253. Brisbane, Australia, April 8-11, 2013. (Acceptance rate: 20%)
- Kai Zheng, Shuo Shang, Nicholas Jing Yuan and Yi Yang. Towards Efficient Search for Activity Trajectories. In Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2013). Page 230-241. Brisbane, Australia, April 8-11, 2013. (Acceptance rate: 20%)
- Zhigang Ma, Yi Yang, Nicu Sebe, Kai Zheng and Alex Hauptmann. Multimedia Event Detection Using A Classifier-specific Intermediate Representation. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (TMM). (accepted in Dec 2012)
- Kexin Xie, Ke Deng, Shuo Shang, Kai Zheng and Xiaofang Zhou. Finding Alternative Shortest Paths in Spatial Networks. ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS). Volume 37, Issue 4
- Kai Zheng, Xiaofang Zhou, Pui Cheong Fung and Kexin Xie. Spatial Query Processing for Fuzzy Objects. The VLDB Journal. Volume 21, Issue 5
- Shuo Shang, Ruogu Ding, Bo Yuan, Kexin Xie, Kai Zheng and Panos Kalnis. User Oriented Trajectory Search for Trip Recommendation.
In Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2012), Page 156-167. Berlin, Germany, March 26-30, 2012. (Acceptance rate: 22.5%)
- Kai Zheng, Yu Zheng, Xing Xie and Xiaofang Zhou. Reducing Uncertainty of Low-Sampling-Rate Trajectories.
In Proceedings of the 28th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2012), Page 1144-1155. Washington DC, USA, April 1-4, 2012. (Acceptance rate: 20.9%)
- Shuo Shang, Bo Yuan, Ke Deng, Kexin Xie, Kai Zheng and Xiaofang Zhou. PNN Query Processing on Compressed Trajectories. Geoinformatica. Volume 16, Issue 3, Page 467-496
- Ke Deng, Kexin Xie, Kai Zheng and Xiaofang Zhou. Trajectory Indexing and Retrieval. A book chapter in "Computing with Spatial Trajectories". ISBN: 978-1-4614-1628-9. Springer press, 2011.
- Kai Zheng, Zi Huang, Aoying Zhou and Xiaofang Zhou. Discovering the Most Influential Sites over Uncertain Data: A Rank Based Approach. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE). Volume 24, Issue 12
- Kai Zheng, Goce Trajcevski, Xiaofang Zhou and Peter Scheuermann. Probabilistic Range Queries for Uncertain Trajectories on Road Networks. In Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2011), Page 283-294. Uppsala, Sweden, March 21-25, 2011. (Acceptance rate: 27%)
- Kai Zheng, Pui Cheong Fung and Xiaofang Zhou. K-Nearest Neighbor Search for Fuzzy Objects. In Proceedings of ACM Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2010), Page 699-710. Indianapolis, USA, June 6-11, 2010. (Acceptance rate: 20.8%)
Presentations and invited talks
- Similarity-based Anaysis for Trajectory Data: Theory, Algorithms and Applications. Tutorial on WISE 2013, Nanjing, China, Oct 13-15, 2013. slides
- Xiaofang Zhou and Kai Zheng. Fuzzy Nearest Neighbour Query Processing. Keynote in National Database Conference of China. Beijing, China, October, 2010
Honors and Awards
- Australia Research Council DECRA Fellowship, Jan 2014 - Dec 2015
- ITEE PhD International Living Allowance Scholarships from UQ, Feb 2009 - Dec 2011
- International Research Tuition Award (UQIRTA) from UQ, Feb 2009 - Dec 2011
- ARC Research Network in Enterprise Information Infrastructure Fellowship, Aug 2010 - Nov 2010
- Program Co-chair of The First International Workshop on Human Mobility Computing (HuMoComp, held in conjuction with MDM 2013, Milan, Italy, 3-6 June, 2013).
- Program Co-chair of The International Workshop on Big Data Management and Service (BDMS, held in conjunction with WAIM 2013, Beidaihe, China, 14-16 June, 2013).
- PC member of The 18th International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2013).
- Invited Reviewer of IEEE Transaction on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), since 2011.
- Invited Reviewer of Transaction on Database System (TODS), 2013.
- Invited Reviewer of The VLDB Journal, since 2012.
- Invited Reviewer of GeoInformatica, since 2012.
- INFS3204/7204 Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA). 2013 Semester 2.
- Kai Zheng. Uncertainty Management in Spatio-temporal Database, Ph.D Dissertation, Feb 2012 (available upon email request)