Dr. Kai Zheng is currently a Research Fellow with the Data Engineering and Pattern Recognition Research Division at the University of Queensland. He received PhD degree in Computer Science from The University of Queensland in 2012.
His research interests include efficient spatio-temporal query processing, uncertain data management, and spatial trajectory computing.
- Han Su, Kai Zheng, Haozhou Wang, Jiamin Huang and Xiaofang Zhou. Calibrating Trajectory Data for Similarity-based Analysis. To appear in Proceedings of ACM Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2013), New York, USA, June 22-27, 2013
- Kai Zheng, Yu Zheng, Nicholas Jing Yuan and Shuo Shang. On Discovery of Gathering Patterns from Trajectories. In Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2013). Brisbane, Australia, April 8-11, 2013. (Acceptance rate: 20%)
- Kai Zheng, Shuo Shang, Nicholas Jing Yuan and Yi Yang. Towards Efficient Search for Activity Trajectories. In Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2013). Brisbane, Australia, April 8-11, 2013. (Acceptance rate: 20%)
- Zhigang Ma, Yi Yang, Nicu Sebe, Kai Zheng and Alex Hauptmann. Multimedia Event Detection Using A Classifier-specific Intermediate Representation. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (TMM). (accepted in Dec 2012)
- Kexin Xie, Ke Deng, Shuo Shang, Kai Zheng and Xiaofang Zhou. Finding Alternative Shortest Paths in Spatial Networks. ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS). Volume 37, Issue 4
- Kai Zheng, Xiaofang Zhou, Pui Cheong Fung and Kexin Xie. Spatial Query Processing for Fuzzy Objects. The VLDB Journal. Volume 21, Issue 5
- Shuo Shang, Ruogu Ding, Bo Yuan, Kexin Xie, Kai Zheng and Panos Kalnis. User Oriented Trajectory Search for Trip Recommendation.
In Proceedings of the 15th ACM International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2012), Page 156-167. Berlin, Germany, March 26-30, 2012. (Acceptance rate: 22.5%)
- Kai Zheng, Yu Zheng, Xing Xie and Xiaofang Zhou. Reducing Uncertainty of Low-Sampling-Rate Trajectories.
In Proceedings of the 28th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2012), Page 1144-1155. Washington DC, USA, April 1-4, 2012. (Acceptance rate: 20.9%)
- Shuo Shang, Bo Yuan, Ke Deng, Kexin Xie, Kai Zheng and Xiaofang Zhou. PNN Query Processing on Compressed Trajectories. Geoinformatica. Volume 16, Issue 3, Page 467-496
- Ke Deng, Kexin Xie, Kai Zheng and Xiaofang Zhou. Trajectory Indexing and Retrieval. A book chapter in "Computing with Spatial Trajectories". ISBN: 978-1-4614-1628-9. Springer press, 2011.
- Kai Zheng, Zi Huang, Aoying Zhou and Xiaofang Zhou. Discovering the Most Influential Sites over Uncertain Data: A Rank Based Approach. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE). Volume 24, Issue 12
- Kai Zheng, Goce Trajcevski, Xiaofang Zhou and Peter Scheuermann. Probabilistic Range Queries for Uncertain Trajectories on Road Networks. In Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT 2011), Page 283-294. Uppsala, Sweden, March 21-25, 2011. (Acceptance rate: 27%)
- Xiaofang Zhou and Kai Zheng. Fuzzy Nearest Neighbour Query Processing. Keynote in National Database Conference of China. October, 2010
- Kai Zheng, Pui Cheong Fung and Xiaofang Zhou. K-Nearest Neighbor Search for Fuzzy Objects. In Proceedings of ACM Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2010), Page 699-710. Indianapolis, USA, June 6-11, 2010. (Acceptance rate: 20.8%)
- Kai Zheng, Uncertainty Management in Spatio-temporal Database, Ph.D Dissertation, Feb 2012 (available upon email request)
Working and Visitings
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Science, January, 2013
- Visiting Researcher, East China Normal University, December 2012
- Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, March 2012 - now
- Visiting Scholar, Microsoft Research Asia, Aug 2011 - Nov 2011
- Visiting Scholar, Microsoft Research Asia, Aug 2010 - Nov 2010
Honors and Awards
- ITEE PhD International Living Allowance Scholarships from UQ, Feb 2009 - Dec 2011
- International Research Tuition Award (UQIRTA) from UQ, Feb 2009 - Dec 2011
- ARC Research Network in Enterprise Information Infrastructure Fellowship, Aug 2010 - Nov 2010